Begin Your VA Loan in Kansas City
Choose the right loan officer and discover what 1,156 veterans already have
VA Loan Expertise
Gain access to a network of trusted Kansas City real estate professionals.
Complete the form to begin your VA loan in Kansas City
What Other Veterans Have Said
As your Kansas City VA loan specialist with over fifteen years of experience, I have helped over 1,100 fellow veterans purchase or refinance a home. This expertise makes me an industry resource and has earned me national rankings as a top 25 VA Loan Originator. As your loan officer, you get access to my knowledge, expertise and first-hand experience.
While other loan officers often "pop smoke," I'll be your single point-of-contact. You can expect regular status updates when important milestones are complete. Plus and you can always reach my by phone or email.
As a loan officer who beats out the industry with an average of 23 days to close. You can have confidence that your VA home loan will close in 30 days or less. Avoid missed closing deadlines that could cost you thousands of dollars.
Get access to a network of trusted real estate professionals. This network includes real estate agents, inspectors, escrow officers or attorneys, and others. Their combined experience and expertise will help you navigate the VA loan Kansas City process and avoid costly mistakes.
Start Your Kansas City VA Loan
To begin your VA home loan, gather the documentation below to assist with determining your eligibility and ability to meet VA qualification guidelines.
- Copy of your VA Certificate of Eligibility - available through eBenefits website or contact me for assistance
- 30 Days most recent pay stubs or LES
- Last two years of W2s and/or 1099s
- Last two years of Federal tax returns
- Copy of VA and/or Social Security disability award letters (if applicable)
Types of VA Home Loans in Kansas City
The Veterans' Administration categorizes VA loans into one of three categories. Below are the categories and description of each loan type.
- Purchase - A VA home loan is used to purchase a primary residence by an eligible service member, veteran or National Guard/Reservist.
- Cash Out Refinance - the VA Cash Out refinance can be used to access the equity in your home or when refinancing from a non-VA loan into a VA home loan.
- IRRRL - The Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan, IRRRL or streamline is a VA-to-VA refinance to reduce your interest rate or loan term. An IRRRL does not require an appraisal or income documentation by the veteran.
ADVANTAGES OF A VA LOAN:
- Up to 100% financing
- No monthly mortgage insurance
- Low interest rates
- Low credit score requirements
- No prepayment penalty
- Fully assumable by a qualified person (does not have to be a veteran)
- Seller can pay up to 4% towards the veteran’s closing costs
2019 Kansas City VA Loan Limits
Each calendar year, the Veterans' Administration establishes loan limits by county. The loan limit is the maximum loan amount you may borrow without a down payment. For loan amounts larger than the Kansas City VA loan limits, you must provide a 25% down payment on the difference. Below are the 2019 VA loan limits for a VA loan in Jackson, Clay, Cass and Platte counties.
|County Name||State||One-Unit Limit||Two-Unit Limit||Three-Unit Limit||Four-Unit Limit|
- Blue Summit
- Lee's Summit
- North Kansas City
- Sugar Creek
Kansas City Neighborhoods
Real Estate Information for a VA Loan in Kansas City
Kansas City is the largest city in Missouri and straddles the Kansas-Missouri border. The city is known for it's jazz music, theater, it's distinctive Kansas City-style barbecue and craft breweries. Over 146 government agencies maintain an office in Kansas City with the largest being the IRS and the GSA.
2018 Median Home Price
Homes Sold in 2018
Nearby Military Installations
- Fort Leonard Wood - Waynesville & St. Robert, MO
- Whiteman AFB- Knob Noster, MO
Kansas City's Top Employers
- Federal Government
- Cerner Corporation
- Children's Mercy Hospitals & Clinics
- Internal Revenue Service
- City of Kansas City, MO
- University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Honeywell FM&T
- Hallmark Cards, Inc.
- St. Luke's Hospital of Kansas City
- Burns & McDonnell
- Kansas City, MO School District