Begin Your VA Loan in San Diego
Choose the right loan officer and discover what 1,177 veterans already have
What Other Veterans Have Said
As your San Diego VA loan specialist with over fifteen years of experience. I have helped over 1,100 fellow veterans buy or refinance a home. This expertise makes me an industry resource. I have also earned national rankings as a top 25 VA Loan Originator. As your loan officer, you get access to my knowledge, expertise and experience
While other loan officers often "pop smoke," I'll be your single point-of-contact. You can expect regular status updates when important milestones are complete. Plus and you can always reach me by phone or email.
As a loan officer who beats out the industry with an average of 23 days to close. You can have confidence that your VA home loan will close in 30 days or less. Avoid missed closing deadlines that could cost you thousands of dollars.
Begin Your San Diego VA Loan
To begin your VA loan in San Diego, gather the documentation below. Using these documents, I can determine your eligibility to meet the VA qualification guidelines.
- Copy of your VA Certificate of Eligibility - available through eBenefits website or contact me for assistance
- 30 Days most recent pay stubs or LES
- Last two years of W2s and/or 1099s
- Last two years of Federal tax returns
- Copy of VA and/or Social Security disability award letters (if applicable)
Types of VA Loans in San Diego
The Veterans' Administration categorizes VA loans into one of three categories. Below are the categories and description of each loan type.
- Purchase - Use of a A VA home loan to buy a primary residence only. Available to an eligible service member, veteran or National Guard/Reservist. Surviving spouses may also use this loan.
- Cash Out Refinance - Access up to 100% of your home's equity with a VA Cash Out refinance. It is also used when refinancing from a non-VA loan into a VA home loan.
- IRRRL - Reduce the interest rate or loan term on your current VA loan. The Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan is also known as a VA streamline. This VA-to-VA refinance does not need an appraisal or income documentation.
ADVANTAGES OF A VA LOAN:
- Up to 100% financing
- No monthly mortgage insurance
- Low interest rates
- Low credit score requirements
- No prepayment penalty
- Fully assumable by a qualified person (does not have to be a veteran)
- Seller can pay up to 4% towards the veteran’s closing costs
VA Loan Limits San Diego County 2022
Each calendar year, the Veterans' Administration establishes loan limits by county. Beginning January 1st, 2020, the VA has eliminated the VA loan limits for San Diego County on purchases and refinances for veterans with a single VA loan. The VA loan limit San Diego 2022 only applies if the veteran has more than one VA loan at a time. For loan amounts larger than the VA loan limits San Diego County; you must provide a down payment. The down payment is 25% of the difference. Below are the 2022 VA loan limits for a VA loan in San Diego.
|County Name||State||One-Unit Limit||Two-Unit Limit||Three-Unit Limit||Four-Unit Limit|
Cities in San Diego County
- Chula Vista
- Del Mar
- El Cajon
- Imperial Beach
- La Mesa
- Lemon Grove
- National City
- San Diego
- San Marcos
- Solana Beach
San Diego Neighborhoods
Real Estate Information for a VA Loan in San Diego
San Diego is the second largest city in California and is the eighth largest city in the United States. The area features a mild year-round climate and abundant access to outdoor activities. San Diego is also a center of economic activity. The United States Navy has a large presence due to the city's large harbor. The city has become a destination for biotech and healthcare innovation. These reasons and many others are what draw and keep veterans here for a VA loan in San Diego.
2021 Median Home Price
Homes Sold in 2021
Nearby Military Installations
- MCAS Miramar - San Diego, CA
- MCB Camp Pendelton - Oceanside, CA
- MCRD San Diego - San Diego, CA
- NAB Coronado - Coronado, CA
- NB Point Loma - Point Loma, CA
- NB San Diego - San Diego, CA
- USCG San Diego - San Diego, CA
San Diego's Top Employers
- University of Southern California, San Diego
- Naval Base San Diego
- Sharp Healthcare
- County of San Diego
- Scripps Health
- San Diego Unified School District
- Qualcomm, Inc.
- City of San Diego
- Kaiser Permanente San Diego
- UC San Diego Health